Monday, April 25, 2011

Summer is on the horizon

And it is much welcomed....


         It has been quite awhile since I posted(again, sorry.). Things have been interesting. I don't remember if I told you guys but Hayden has been additionally dx'ed with ADHD. With that, pedi started him on a med to help him sleep better. He now takes Clonodine. It has helped ALOT. There is a notable difference from days he takes it and days he doesn't. This has truly helped him sleep at night. He falls asleep without drama and stays in bed through the night. Other things haven't been so great, though. For the past 4wks or so, he's been crazy tired. He's spending more time down than up. Oddly, he is still getting up to play. He just keeps having to take breaks. He also doesn't appear to be gaining back the weight lost. In Feb (Jan. I forget), it was discovered at his neuro check up that he'd dropped a good 3.5lbs. Now that he's 6, this puts him at barely 5%. To top it off, Tricare may cut off his formula since he's 100% oral. The website says they don't pay for oral feeds and they requested his script info from the HHC. His script list him as oral feed. We'll see.

       Cheer has been going great. In fact, MaKaylah wants to do it, too. As do Hayden. We'll see if they get to jump into next season.

       In a few weeks, summer will be here. I'm hoping for a good summer. I am taking the summer off from school. We are also working on a few things that we home grow to full bloom in the next several weeks. Although, so far, we aren't seeing great signs for this, we are also hoping Hayden doesn't have a bad summer as far as asthma, breathing, growing, and autonomic stuff goes.

Now for me to go give him the forgotten Clonodine....

No comments:

Post a Comment