Sunday, August 8, 2010

Is the glass half empty or half full?

Everyone has been asked this question in their lives. Usually, this question can tell you if a person is an Optimist or a Pessimist. Well, I'm a Realist. My answer has always been What was the action prior to the current circumstance? Did someone just put water in it? Did they just take a sip? I see things for what they are and how they are. Being a mom of three and dealing with the world of Special Needs, I've learned to look at things just a little bit different. I am still a Realist, but now, I think, "What does it matter? Either way, ya gotta drink it. The difference is are you going to linger on the sour taste or say 'Yum!'" I choose to say Yum. I'm not going to hang on all the bad things that happen in life cause, guess what? Bad things are going to happen. There's no point in dwelling on it. I want my kids to look back on their childhoods and say they had a blast. So, actions prior to the current circumstance do not matter. I'm going to live with my glass half full. So come on over and have a drink!

No comments:

Post a Comment