Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Swim lessons!

Yesterday, Kaitlyn and Hayden started swim lessons at the pool on base. I wasn't 100% about putting Hayden in, but I figured, if it didn't work out, I'd be there. Kaitlyn has her lesson first. Kaitlyn CAN swim, but she lacks confidence and won't put forth the effort to get better. Well, she's already shown her instructor that she's an advance II swimmer, not a beginner I. So she's being taught to tread water better and swim on her back. Hayden does his lesson second. Hayden is as beginning of a swimmer as you can get. lol. He doesn't even put his face in the water. Well, after lessons yesterday and today, Hayden is going under water ON HIS OWN! He completely goes under for a good couple seconds WITHOUT CHOKING!!! This is, like, WOW for him! After lessons, we play in the pool. We play in the pool that's about 2.5-3.5 ft deep so hayden has plenty of area he can stand in. Well, suddenly, he went under. I about flipped! I went to grab him when he stood up laughing and did it again. Jeremy and I are so proud of him. Kaitlyn is jumping in and can now do Dead Man's Float. Funny how I tried to teach her that Saturday, but she wouldn't listen but she learned from the swim instructor no problem *eye roll* whatever lol. Makaylah isn't in lessons, but she did make a dab of progress this summer........she gets IN the water. lol. That's it. She finally gets in. Pics to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment