Monday, December 20, 2010

Good Night and Good Morning!

Yesterday was Kaitlyn's 7th birthday. For her birthday, I went out on a limb and did a slumber party. Some of the girls didn't stay the night, which was expected, but two did stay. Great! Because I knew that this would be breaking our routine anyway, what the hell, Hayden can have a friend over, too! (what was I smoking lol). So Hayden had a friend spend the night. His friend is the brother of one of Kaitlyn's friends and has been over to play before. I've been hesitant for him to have a friend sleepover because Hayden barely sleeps as it is. Hayden can not share a room. He gets bothered if other kids aren't "doing it right." He's a light sleeper. He wakes up often at night. Like I said, though, I knew his routine would be broken anyway so hey, why not.


It was a success!! Yes, there were a few rough patches. Hayden had to be repeatedly reminded to PLAY with his guest. He likes snuggling with mommy for a movie better :) He and Aiden did do some arguing, but, when it came to sleep, once we got Hayden settled down, he slept. Hayden slept with an "intruder" in his room! Now, honestly, I don't know if he'll want to do it again any time soon (or I) but hey, a step forward is a step forward. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment