I haven't written about this yet as I haven't been able to wrap my head around this. Since we got up here, the medical team for Hayden has actually been putting forth an effort to put a name on his living question marks. They've all got the same opinion, Metabolic, Mitochondrial or, small possibility, chromosonal defect. Genetics wanted to do the Chromosonal microarray and a metabolic work up. The CMA looks at the chromosomes on the microscopic level for deletions, duplications, and other errors.
Tricare denied the testing.
I'm just speechless about this. We've never been denied anything until we got up here. Since being up here, Tricare North has denied the $50 wheels on a $10k wheelchair, the opportunity to see a AFO maker that specializes in children and now this. It appears it was denied because they don't approve testing for "research purposes only," and, since he's dx'ed with Asperger's Syndrome, they seem to be under the impression that this testing was to look for an Aspie gene or something. They don't seem to be thinking of the other issues. Mind you, this is after they've paid for the Wheelchair, braces, therapies, feeding chairs, breathing equipment and meds, formulas, and other bloodwork. They think this testing is just for the already dx'ed Asperger's. So I guess we file an appeal.....
No word yet on the Metabolic screening.
*sigh*

No comments:
Post a Comment